Subject: [Leica] Dell Bashing
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Thu Jul 28 20:19:07 2005

I work in a 300+ computer environment. The Dells are troublesome, flimsey,
The floppies go bad all the time. the floppy push buttons break and pop out
on the GX150s. The winchesters blow because the onboard EIDE controllers
fail. The drives themselves are standard quality stuff. But any drive can
blow if hung on an iffy controller. Also, the smart monitoring warning tends
to pop up on some machines and I suspect the controllers are the real
culprits here too. As for my home Pavillions, I've never had a failure. Now,
with that said I will admit that Dell makes robust quality PC servers and
once made fairly decent PCs. But you don't get to the toop by making the
best product, just the cheapest one.
Crap I tell you!
Javier