Subject: [Leica] Optimizing (minimizing) filter inventory
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 17 07:39:44 2005

Scott,
52mm filters are available just about everywhere and at really
advantagous prices.  I would purchase the little used filters in 52mm
and then buy adapter rings to go where you need to go.  If you can not
find a 39 to 52 then you combine a 39 to 43 with a 43 to 52.

Also, pick up a hood that will fit a 52mm filter to reduce glare.

Likewise, I have never had a problem with stepping up from the lens.

Most sizes of stepping rings are available from B&H as well as others
around the world.

Strangely enough, I standardised on 72 mm as that was my largest ring size.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com