Subject: [Leica] 1.35V to 1.5 V battery options
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 17 07:33:04 2005

The problem of having the camera adapted to the 1.5 volt cell is that
many of the cells available are alkaline and have a non linear
discharge curve.  Meaning that your meter is only accurate once; this
is fine if you shoot negative film but not so nice if you shoot
transparency.

I have had excellent luck with the CRIS adapters including with my SL
and SL2 for which some people have difficulty threading the cover all
the way on.

If you choose to adapt the cameras, then use lithium cells as they
have the flattest discharge curve.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com