Subject: [Leica] Can someone share the secrets of good flash photography?
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Fri Jul 15 20:20:21 2005

I've decided that when being relegated to flash that it improves results
greatly to use a flash with a wink light.  Big rigs are the Metz 45 and
60 series or Agfatronic 643CS that bounce and fill with a second flash
(I'm sure there others but these are the ones I've used
satisfactorily).  A smaller style like the many variations of Osram's
Studio series work nicely.  My favorite is the VS340 as it packs a
surprising punch for bouncing and is dead-on accurate.  All of these
assume a low enough (and neutral colored) ceiling.  Lacking that, a good
diffuser can smooth things out greatly (Lumedyne or Omni, etc).  These
seem to leave some dimension to the lighting and help to control that
"Kodak moment" look somewhat.

Message from leowesson at charter.net (leo) ([Leica] Can someone share the secrets of good flash photography?)