Subject: [Leica] mobile phones and breakneck speeds
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 19 09:41:34 2005

jon.stanton offered:
Subject: RE: [Leica] mobile phones and breakneck speeds

> How many racing car drivers have commented they felt safer on the track at
> 200mph than driving during commute hours in a large city? Quite possibly
> in areas where owning a car is a privilege  rather than an entitlement
> (USA) people drive more responsibly...and at higher speeds?<<<

Hi Jon,
In my younger and foolish days I drove stock cars, sprints and midgets and
I've always felt it was safer on the track than on any street in any North
American city!

Actually the track is much safer place to drive these days than the streets
with the idiots and their damn cell phone yapping and non-concentrating
driving.

If politicians had the guts and brains, it'll never happen, they'd pass laws
so the police would immediately impound any car for 6 months with a driver
on a cell phone!

Then maybe it might stop. Maybe? But then North American's ( that's
Canadians and USA) aren't bright enough to do that, as everything is viewed
as a God given right to do whatever you want... OK OK damn near it!

But an absolute get tough kick ass to anyone caught driving and yapping on a
cell phone is needed everywhere! And after one has avoided a few crash and
burns from cell-drivers one can become a tad pissed off about the lot of
them.

Somethings do erk me a tad, cells and driving is on the top of the list!

ted

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] mobile phones and breakneck speeds)
Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Ted Grant, Chariot Racer)