Subject: [Leica] #149 & #150
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 19 07:18:21 2005

Graham showed:
> Leica M2 : 35mm Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05149.htm
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05150.htm<<,,

Hi Graham,
You are amazing in what you consistently find in the countryside of simple
subjects very nearly always of excellent compositions of magic with a simple
subject.

There's a combination of things here.

The ancient countryside lived on and worked for centuries still containing
much of the early life buildings. Combine these structures, waterways, hills
& dales with what has to be one of the best set of eyes for seeing pictures
in the simplest of scenes. It's amazing what you produce! Not once a month
or so, but damn near every day!

Although I don't respond to every post, it's always a pleasure to open them
to see what you've captured once again. I think for many on the list who
like to shoot scenes, you have to be an inspiration to improve their work.

It's your ability in seeing comfortable compositions in the simple life of
the countryside. Good on you! keep 'em coming, as they make for a nice
morning start of a new day.

And when one opens the morning paper once again to a world of doom & gloom,
death and destruction, the blessings of your pictures is a quiet moment of
beauty that puts the wars, uprisings and other political crap aside. If for
nothing else but a few minutes of quiet reflection there's still nice places
to be in the world.
Thanks again.
ted

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] #149 & #150)