Subject: [Leica] Water World
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 19 13:24:54 2005

Bill Clough showed:

>   Through the generosity of a LUG colleague, I have
> temporary use of a Panasonic DMC-LC5. Because I shoot my
> PAWposts in b&w, it seemed better to open a separate folder
> for these experiments in digital color.
>
>   While I try to post a PAW every week, the color
> submissions will be on an "as caught" basis.
>
>   Here is the latest digital color submission:
>
>   http://www.leica-gallery.net/wccjr/image-84035.html

Hi Bill,
Very nice use of reflection and water.

A buddy of mine who shoots for Reuters always looked for water where he
could use it in a reflection situation.  On slow days when he was sent out
to "look for something for the wire" he'd look for water and reflections.

One of his best water reflection shots that made the wire was done in Moscow
by using a big puddle on Red Square and the reflection of St. Basil's ?
church. I think that's the name?

It was a beauty and he become known as "Andy the water boy" for a long time
after that one. But he swears by it for a quick and interesting picture
anytime anywhere.

I particularly like yours as they just simply work very nicely and that's
what picture taking success is all about... "as long as they work visually"
who cares what it is. ;-)

ted