Subject: [Leica] Re: Let's Just Say That Leica Survives and....
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Apr 20 23:36:31 2005

You know, I'm new to digital printing (epson and MIS EZ inks),
and my favorite size to print is 5x7. Detail holds up very well, big
enough to look at without squinting and the format is just "rectangular
enough" to support cropping from 2x3 format.

Even with a 4000 DPI scan on a Nikon Coolscan mutli-sampled
with Vuescan to reduce noise (and so on and on),  I find 8x10
is OK or sometimes even pushing it depending on the image. I
know there are folks who print much larger (digitally), so maybe
I've got something to learn.

I read the "Edge of Darkness" book, where Barry Thornton says
that he only thinks a Hassie neg should be printed 10x10 inches
and perhaps that spooked me as far as bigger enlargements are
concerned :-)

Scott