Subject: [Leica] Let's Just Say That Leica Survives and....
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Apr 20 20:32:39 2005

I totally disagree, Mark. Price matters a great deal, even for fondlers.
If Leica comes out with a price point like the one mentioned by Robert,
then they might as well not bother.

I traded Leica for digital when I saw with my own eyes that I could get
equivalent image quality with the Canon DSLRs. I certainly considered
the option of the R-D1 but after carefully looking at the features and
the price I decided that while this was an interesting first stab at a
digital rangefinder, it was nowhere near a digital M.

If Leica comes out with a digital M in 2006, the price has to be under
2500 Euro.

Incidentally, even though I am a low-volume amateur compared to some of
the pros here, since switching to digital in August of last year, I have
saved more in film processing costs alone (not including the film
itself) than I paid for my Canon 20D.

Nathan