Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Apr 19 07:17:25 2005

Sorry, Karen, but you're totally off-base in thinking that the
permission is obtained so that the editors can later follow up and make
sure that express permission was given. Permission is rarely obtained -
what is obtained is identification for the cutline. But newspaper
photographers are not asking permission to take photos in public places,
whether for breaking news or not.