Subject: [Leica] Flare fix
From: rlbunting at (Bunting, Roger L (Roger))
Date: Mon Mar 28 20:11:21 2005

I had my M6 modified about a few weeks ago by Don Goldberg (DAG). The
charges were about $170 plus postage. My full cost was $186 plus my postage
to send the camera to him, so about $210. The change to the viewfinder is
IMO significant. Prior to the modification, any horizontal motion of my eye
from center caused "silvering" of the RF patch to the extent that it was
totally useless. Now there is no "silvering" with horizontal eye movement,
there is some slight silvering with off-center eye movement in the +/-
vertical direction. The patch is dimmed, but not totally blocked. My
focusing is much easier and more accurate. A significant improvement.

> Anyone know what the going price is for the flare fix on the M6 etc?
> thanks,
> feli
> feli2 at <>
>            2 + 2 = 4

Roger /

Replies: Reply from feli2 at (Feli) ([Leica] Flare fix)
Reply from luisripoll at (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Flare fix)