Subject: [Leica] Flare fix
From: rlbunting at lucent.com (Bunting, Roger L (Roger))
Date: Thu Mar 31 05:05:21 2005

I have no explanation why there seems to be a variance. There is a Leica
dealer near me that has a .58 MP and M7. I've tried them both and found them
both to flare, but the M7 seemed more resistant than the MP. I put off
having my M6 modified for quite a while because of this. Finally I had to
make a choice and decided to go forward. The results on my M6, while not
perfect, are at least as good (and I think better) as the two in the shop. I
did try them side by side. However, since this is all due to eye position, I
don't know what can change from day to day.

> Hi Roger, ...Feli,
> I have modified too the VF of my M6TTL, and it is true what you say, it is
> improved, BUT no so much - and I don't know why - as the MP VF, this one is
> in my opinion more clear and with more contrast than the modified VF, and I
> have expend about 400 Euro, I have sand my camera to Solms.
> Saludos desde Barcelona
> Luis

Regards,
Roger /leica35@yahoo.com