Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: rlbunting at lucent.com (Bunting, Roger L (Roger))
Date: Fri Apr 22 10:14:20 2005

> My Other Leica is a Nikon.

With the 45mm f2.8 AI-P lens, I now have a new Leica. I love my M6 with 35mm
ASPH Summicron. However, I have to admit, when I'm not splitting hairs over
the optics my F100, the 45mm f2.8 AI-P lens and a SB-80dx strobe in the
wings is, for me, a better travel rig than my M6. Much more versatility. I
love the F100 ergonomics. My M6 is a .72x finder and my glasses, that finder
and the 35mm frame lines don't play very nice together. OTOH, the F100 has a
great finder. It also tolerates my 28mm f2.8 AIS and 105mm f2.5 AIS lenses
quite well. It's a great manual focus camera.

Anyway this is way too far off topic. However, if you are interested in
Nikkors and have an opportunity to try the 45mm f2.8 AI-P , I'd be curious
what you think. IMO it sure beats the other Nikkor 50s in the photographic
quality department (speed aside of course).

Regards,
Roger /leica35@yahoo.com
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/Leica35

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] OT Nikons new cameras)