Subject: [Leica] Weird question - HELP!
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Mar 18 07:27:01 2005

Thanks to everyone who responded - I am now prepared for the Trivial
Pursuit tournament. :-) Seriously, I really appreciate the responses,
some of which were pretty amazing, but unfortunately I don't think
anyone hit it. I have two candle sticks, which are constructed of small
Kutani hand-painted vases set on ormolu bases with ormolu candle holders
in the neck. Each of the candle holders is inscribed with a date,
suggesting that these were for presentation - one is 11 Februar, 1886,
the other 11 Februar, 1868. I am selling them separately on Ebay - the
auction already closed on the 1886. Now the obvious solution to this
puzzle is that these are indeed a pair, and some idiot reversed the 8
and the 6, and they are either both dated 11 Februar, 1886 or 1868. OR -
there is some cosmic significance to the 11 Februar date. Given the
weird things people have come up with, I'm now leaning very hard toward
the mistake theory.

And why didn't I offer them as a pair? Simple, SWMO fed them to me for
posting one at a time. :-)

B. D.

P.S. I only mentioned Ebay because I am NOT selling anything
photographic there. ;-)