Subject: [Leica] Weird question - HELP!
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Thu Mar 17 22:48:55 2005

A few things that happened on February 11, involving France or Germany:
1720 - Sweden & Prussia sign the Second Treaty of Stockholm to end The
Great Northern War
1793 - Prussian troops occupy Venlo, Netherlands
1810 - Napoleon Bonaparte marries Marie-Louise of Austria
1858 - The apparition of Mary first appears to 14-year-old Bernadette
of Lourdes France
1896 - Oscar Wilde's "Salome," premiered in Paris. [Later an opera by
Richard Strauss--I know that's stretching to bring in Germany]

My favorite had nothing to do with France or Germany: 1800 - birth of
William Henry Fox Talbot, Wiltshire England, photographic pioneer
(brings photography into the thread!)

Give us a clue what you're looking for, so we can narrow down the
search.

--Eric