Subject: [Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 18 21:35:30 2005

Scott McLoughlin said::
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout

> Smallish, elegantly designed body. RF focusing. Smallish, excellent,
> interchangable prime
> lenses. Great build quality.
>
> If other companies (Zeiss?) will deliver these goods in a sustained (that
> means digital at
> some point) fashion into the future, I guess I don't really care about
> Leica. But right now,
> Leica delivers the goods described above.<,,,,,

But Scott if you already own one, a Leica M of some kind or several, and
there's thousands of M's floating about the world for at least the next 40
years, who the hell cares if the mother company goes belly up? All this
whining, hand wringing by others, save the company buy a bunch of cameras
crap is rediculous for a company that's been dragging it's ass back in the
30's, '40's & 50's when it was the greatest. I can't believe some of the
silly concerns it's almost like if they crash and burn every owner in the
world will die immediately with them? Nonsense!

I've got 3 M7's, an M6, 3 R8's an SL and a couple of older RF models, 1932
etc. And if Leica folds in Solms tomorow the only thing I feel sorry for are
the people working there. But I'll still have my Leicas and I've got lots of
film despite the fact I haven't shot a roll in months because I'm doing 20D
digital with my adapted Leica glass! But I know I've got a Leica or three I
can use for the next 50 years, so who needs the mother company?

ted

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)