Subject: [Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 18 18:00:58 2005

Excuse me, but may I ask? Why are people crying over the possible crash and
burn of a company that failed to move with the times when most others did?

Not only that, but when they (the management)  "did wake up to join the
digital world" they failed miserably! Hell they're still dragging their ass
around with all kinds of excuses and it doesn't matter whom they wish to
blame as it begins/began right at the top by people of little or no vision
of the future as it was rushing at them!

Look, world economics, whatever economics, it's the mind set of those
running the shop! And all the suggestions of "lets all run out and buy a
couple of new bodies and lenses is absolute hogwash!" Everyone get their
cash together and buy the shop? Crazy! The first thing? Get rid of the crew
at the top!

Sell the thing to people who know how to promote products, then figure out
how to " beat or join the onslaught of the digital world juggernaut or how
to make it work for Leica!"  Figure that one out and the outfit might be
saved. If not, it's destined to become... "Do you remember that wonderful
35mm camera, the Leica?"

Look, back up the clock to the days of the first Japanese SLR's beginning to
appear. When old man Leitz said the SLR was a fad and all those starting to
use the SLR would return to Leica. So he forbade any SLR research nor anyone
at Leitz even think about a Leica camera in the SLR format. Period!

No need to finish the tale as we all know where it went and why Leica is
still dragging their ass in the mud figuring out how the world passed them
by!

They might get though this present mess, but not in the hands of the crew
running the ship at the moment. And certainly not by a bunch of us rushing
out to buy ... "film cameras!" No matter how much we "love, cherish and all
the other silly terms for some damn tool that holds film!"

Sorry folks, it's "LIFE IN THE REAL WORLD!"

ted

Replies: Reply from vintagepedaler at comcast.net (denik) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout horse of a different color)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout)