Subject: [Leica] The Zeiss Choice
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Thu Jan 13 17:00:45 2005

>From what product literature i have read . that statement has to be
shameless advertising hype , strongly suggesting that Zeiss is not involved
much ; just like the old voightlander (cannot remember the alt for umlaut,s)
company has little to do with Cosina .
It,s a rangefinder ,base length is the determining factor .
Just look at old pictures from the pre radar battleships and study the
rangefinders there.
Surely no one believes that one can achieve accuracy with just an enlarged
view?
I like the new R3A but it,s hopeless compared to a M 3 .
Leica might be slow in adapting to new preferences in design but i won,t
believe they have not nailed the rangefinder technology .
regards,simon