Subject: [Leica] OT: Film AND Digital?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Dec 5 15:33:59 2004

Here just to the west of Boston I use a local processor with an
recent Agfa machine.  I typically have gone for C41 processing, no
prints, and what the store calls a "Pro CD" - 2-3 MB JPEGs per image.
They look really good but sad to say these cost $20.00 a roll which
makes them way too expensive for regular use.   He also has a 1-2 MB
per image CD available for half that but from what I've seen of these
so far they're not a good alternative.  Going back for rescans at
higher dpi is even more expensive than getting them done at the
higher resolution the first time around.  From what I've been reading
here I think I'm going to give the local drug store a try myself.