Subject: [Leica] Bad Exposure or Something Else?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Dec 5 16:48:12 2004

As I turned onto Memorial Drive in Cambridge last week the sycamores
along the drive were glowing white-gold in the mid-afternoon
sunlight.  I quickly parked and took pictures.  The results were
disappointing to say the least.  I've posted one example here:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/PICKS/21_0021>

Photographic qualities of the picture aside, I wonder if any of you
might have any thoughts on what I might have done to improve the
rendition of the glowing trees that I saw with my eyes.  There seems
to be an exposure issue here since the highlights look blown out but
would it have been better on a slower film, or is there a scanning
problem, or something else?

This photo isn't even close to the image I had in my head.
Manipulation in Photoshop to darken the image overall helps but isn't
really the solution.  The posted picture is unmanipulated and
uncropped.

M7, 50mm 2.8 Elmarit (Current), Portra 400NC, f11.0 at the shutter
speed set by the camera.

Many thanks.
--
Regards,