Subject: [Leica] Using Leica at -15F or -25C
From: reinwood007 at hotmail.com (Logan Reinwood)
Date: Fri Nov 12 00:12:20 2004

Hi,

Just back from a few month aout of the list...

In the mean time had to repair ma m7, the on-off button was stuck, and the
release was thus blocked... But the camera was still under guarantee....
Currently I have another problem, the led indicating that the battery is low
is alwasy on, even we new battery, but has no impact on the meter, which
works fine.... anyway the camera will have to go back to repair :-( ....

But my question  today was about using the camera in low temperature. I plan
to go for several mountain climbing and wonder which camera to use ar -15F
or -25c or below.
For sure the M7 is not an option (I don't want to rely on battery for the
shutter).
I wonder about the MP or old M6, even one of my M2 or M3?
Or may-be should I buy a R6 ?
I own a M2 and a M3 and a M7, and wonder if I have to think to buy a new
camera.
Any issue with the lenses freezing?

Have some of you some advice in the matter?

Cheers, logan.

http://messenger.msn.com/

Replies: Reply from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] Using Leica at -15F or -25C)
Reply from jbilin at axionet.com (Jacques Bilinski) ([Leica] Using Leica at -15F or -25C)