Subject: [Leica] Future R Plan
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sun Oct 17 21:51:20 2004

Obsolete in compact cameras, yes. DSLR's no. The D1x, D100, 1D, 10D, D60,
Fuji S1, S2 are still great performers. The D1x being the oldest is still a
much in demand camera, even with the D2x coming out maybe in a few months.
Problem with the Fuji's is that the body cracks up after a couple of
months/years.

Prices used on the D1x are right under $2000
D100's are at $1000 so the D70 did not hurt it too much in the used
department.
Even a "old" camera like the 1D goes for $2000.

With the Digital R back, you do not have to go out and get another new
back/body, you just add another chip to it.

Chris