Subject: [Leica] Future R Plan
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Oct 17 01:41:19 2004

On 10/16/04 4:03 PM, "Allen Graves" <ahgraves@prodigy.net> typed:

> I'm really to get the feeling that the rush to digital and the
> constant upgrades have led the camera makers ( and buyers)  to accept
> really crappy build quality without any question. "After all, it'll
> be obsolete in 3 years anyway"
>
> Allen

5.47 Megapixel D1x's came out 3 Years and 8 Months from now and are still
very much from what I understand out there being used.
Ubiquitous.

That's 1352 days.
4000 bucks.

That's 34 cents a day!

My D100 cost me 1700 bucks 472 days ago.

So it's cost me 27 cents a day so far
And going down
As the camera has quite a few good years left from all I can tell.
Unless I run over it.

My m6 cost me $1850 in 1993
4206 days ago (it's an automatic thing in my database)

So that's 2.25 cents a day.

Don't come much cheaper than that!

Cheap cheap!

Mark Rabiner