Subject: [Leica] Acid Rain
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Oct 6 06:14:15 2004

That forest is definitely in sorry state. I wonder what the
anti-environmentalists have to say to defend its condition (they don't
like federal intervention).

I've seen individual trees in certain parts of the country that look like
these, but that's been years ago. There have been intensive efforts to put
out "kalk" (calcium ?) and stringent air-pollution measures. But one
country can't do anything. The atmosphere tends to spread itself around.
It's a global issue.

Hope it looks better there now.

Daniel