Subject: [Leica] Acid Rain
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Oct 6 06:37:27 2004

> Hope it looks better there now.
>
> Daniel

I took my two grandchildren (age 9 and 4 at the time) on a "grand tour"
of the South in the summer of 2003.  We drove the Parkway and stopped at
that "highest elevation" sign.  My granddaughter, who's very conscious
of her environment, wanted to know what had happened to all the trees.

She was very upset and took pictures with her "disposable" camera I had
bought her.  She had them developed and took them in for her "what I did
over the summer" project when school began that year.

For those of us who grew up in the Smokies, these scenes are
distressing.

Ken Frazier

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Acid Rain)