Subject: [Leica] Re LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue (Luis Ripoll)
From: hellman at comcast.net (Jesse Hellman)
Date: Thu Sep 16 16:01:35 2004

Mark, you're being a bit hard on that 21 mm non-ASPH Elmarit! I have one
and the pictures taken with it are among those I most prize.

But I agree otherwise. As much as I would like it not to be the case, I
really love my Leicas and lenses and in some ineffable way their quality
does contribute to the quality of my work. But there is a huge
subjective factor here, and I doubt very much whether trading in my
Elmarit for the new ASPH would make a difference, as my pictures are
hand-held, other than from the knowledge that my lens is the sharpest
possible.

Like Luke Skywalker knowing he has the Force.

Because Nathan is really right. He suggested a workshop. The greatest
improvement in my work in the last five years came from feedback such as
yours, not from a new lens, and this is what Nathan is suggesting.

Jesse

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Re LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue (Luis Ripoll))
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] LEICA M7, why the people like it so much?)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re LEICA MP VIEWFINDER & Other points of vue (Luis Ripoll))