Subject: [Leica] Kyle posts provocative new work in a futile attempt to stop the i nnane riefenstahl nonsense!
From: daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Aug 26 23:57:59 2004

I liked the "behind the scenes" best. I guess it's simply my curiosity
getting to me, trying to figure people out.

I've never really understood bondage. It neither offends me or strikes me
as erotic. I guess that the whole point, actually. Fetishes are unusual.
If they were common, they would strike all in the same way and they would
no longer be special. We all have our own. Mine is ankle length cotton
summer dresses ... with available light (namely, late afternoon
Scandinavian sun, low on the horizon ... backlighting :) )

Hey it worked. I just got to the office and there's not near the amount of
historical tidbits.

STUDIO LIGHTING

I'm struggling too. I haven't forked out yet. Every time I get ready to, I
notice that there are weaker strobes marketed as good for digital (250W or
300W instead of 500 and above).

Those with studio experience ... can you live with the lower power? Even
if you wanted to use them for film too, could you use a higher ISO/ASA
film instead of more powerful strobes?

There seems to be a savings to be made there and some of the lower power
strobes (Elinchrom for example) actually seem to be more or less right up
there with the leaders of the pack with regard to other features.

Daniel