Subject: [Leica] decline in LUG membership
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Tue Aug 10 09:21:43 2004

Apropos the digital rebel- I considered the talk that lenses for digital
should be designed for digital sensors, and thought seriously about the
Canon Powershot Pro1- with 8 megapixels and a 7X zoom lens designed around
the camera, it seems that it would cover just about all the shots I'd want
to take. Same price as the Digital Rebel, but with a lot more resolution,
and I would assume that their firmware is up to snuff, as well.
Has anyone used this camera? Any comments on it- And to stay on topic, even
if I get a digital camera, they are going to have to pry my beloved IIIf
from my cold dead fingers... on second thought, I might even take it with
me! :o)~
Dan (Please! Just one more, and I'll be done!)Post