Subject: Nathan's Canon (WAS: [Leica] PAWS 27 and 28)
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun Jul 18 09:25:35 2004

Nathan

I find focusing  the main problem when I use Leica glass on my 300D. The
stop down metering I can live with, but the dim viewfinder is a bit of
pain.

Regarding lenses. So far I have the 18-55 that came with the camera
(rather soft wide open), 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8 (both very good) and a
70-300 zoom (not the best in the world). The two primes are in a
different league to the zooms - I'll have to dip my toes into the world
of 'L' glass sometime :-) One thing about using an SLR again is that it
reminds me what I like so much about using a rangefinder.

Steve