Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital M LCD Monitor
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Sun Jul 11 13:34:17 2004

Ever seen the delay, lag time, blurring in these things and have you ever
tried to use one in bright sunlight?

If you are looking at histograms and other data while trying to make
pictures you will never make decent pictures.
It's no different then doing those stupid focusing formulas.

If you can't take a picture, a histogram ain't going to help you.
Most people on this list have been taking pictures long before we ever knew
what a histogram was.

Photography is pretty simple actually.
Set the exposure, focus the lens, compose, and push the button.
We've been doing it a long time. Anything that gets in the middle of this
system or otherwise complicates the issue will actually degrade the
spontaneity and "decisive moment of photography.

That's it!! It doesn't matter if its film, digital or Liquid Light on Swiss
cheese.

Any digital camera formats and form factors that think it can be anything
different will fail in the market of professionals and serious amateurs.

Digital cameras should be no different than film cameras. The only
difference should by CF/SM cards instead of film.

...and they ain't there yet on this count either.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Leica Digital M LCD Monitor)