Subject: [Leica] The Commonwealth, Cricket, &c.
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu May 13 08:44:24 2004

Henning wrote:

> If cricket playing and not drinking coffee is part of being in, then
> count me out!

> What is cricket about, anyway?? (No, please dont' tell me!)

> Vancouver Island and Victoria might be a bit more Commonwealth, but
> Vancouver is definitely less so.

This weekend, I actually saw a bunch of guys playing cricket.  In a
public park in my humble little just-north-of-Seattle suburb.  It is
the first time I have ever seen anyone play cricket in the U.S. save
for a formal demonstration.

They players were fairly dark-skinned black guys, and they were speaking a
language I could not identify from a distance, but it was not English.
Would anyone have any idea where they might be from?  I asked an Ethiopian
lady I know, but I think she confused cricket with croquet.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] The Commonwealth, Cricket, &c.)
Reply from paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul Hardy Carter) ([Leica] The Commonwealth, Cricket, &c.)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] The Commonwealth, Cricket, &c.)