Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Sun May 2 10:54:26 2004

| At 10:30 AM 5/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:
| >Mmmh, that's a very high ratio. But then from the images of yours
that I've
| >seen, you tend to have very difficult lighting conditions. On the
other
| >hand, I rarely shoot outside my ability to control the light.
| >S. Dimitrov
|
| You are right, Slobodan.  Most of what interests me, therefore most of
what
| I shoot, is very marginal.  I love shooting where the light is a
| challenge.  I'm not interested in controlling the light but in
capturing
| what happens in the light that is there.  In adobe houses with no
windows,
| the light is almost nonexistent, so I'm using high speed film with
| Noctiluxes or other wide open lenses and trying to see what is
happening
| with no light at all.  Even the local "Meals on Wheels" deliveries are
| usually in very dark houses.  That is when I need the multi-sample
scanning
| on the LS4000 to help with the shadows.  On the other hand, when I am
| scanning photographs for most of my stock agencies, I don't need the
| multi-sampling.
|
| Tina

I,m still wrestling with scanning so beforehand sorry for idiotic
questions.But do you feel that hi rez scanning sometimes makes low light
exposed film more grainy?I wondered if you scan low rez if you ever see
the grain .
simon jessurun
p.s. thanks for earlier advice

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 hi rez causing "grain" Rich Pinto sees grain on his Imacon, we would all like to know if true.)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)