Subject: [Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti)
Date: Sun Apr 25 12:29:02 2004

Outdoors light from a flash is dispersed much more than indoors where there
are surfaces from which it can bounced and therefore be more concentrated.
Your little flash cannot overpower the sunlight but it can fill shadows. In
most cases, depending on the distance and lens opening, it may be enough to
lower the contrast ratio.
If you use a wider opening, the flash can give more light but then you would
be restricted to a much higher shutter speed.

Joe