Subject: [Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.
From: tom at sleepytom.com (Tom Smart)
Date: Sun Apr 25 12:20:27 2004

Try metering your flash indoors and make a note of how far away you need to
be for each f-stop.  I made a chart and taped it to my flash head.  But you
could tie knots into a rope at each f-stop distance and when you get onto
location you need to be as far away as the f5.6 knot.  The knots might be
calibrated slightly wrong for outdoor use because the indoor ceiling might
increase the power of the flash compared to outdoor use, but for fill flash
this will be good enough.

Tom