Subject: [Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.
From: leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric)
Date: Sun Apr 25 12:04:14 2004

I am trying to meter my flash for outdoor portrait work.
I am using - Sekonic flashmeter (very basic model), a vivitar 283 with
varipower dial, my R7 , and TCN film (400ASA).

Ambient light meters f8 , 1/125s
Now - I am trying to get flash output of one stop less, but when I meter the
flash (at any output setting) I only get reading of f8 or greater.
Now this makes sense to me, because the meter 'sees' and meters the ambient
+ flash output.
Seems to me that the flashmeter can't isolate the brief spike of flash
output.

What is comes down to is : How can I isolate and meter the flash output in a
bright light setting?
Setting the meter to higher shutter speeds helps a bit, but it is still
generally overwhelmed by the bright ambient light.

Thanks,
Eric

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.)
Reply from joecodi at clearsightusa.com (Joseph Codispoti) ([Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.)