Subject: Re: [Leica] strange orb
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:34:15 -0700

I lived in Durham until recently (well, almost 2 years ago) and remember
well the 2 foot snowfall of 2000.  It completely paralyzed the place.  My
wife and I had to don backpacks and hoof ~2.5 miles from our townhouse to
15/501 to buy food.  All the convenience store had was canned Vienna sausage
and beer (we bought both).  Leaving the convenience store we noticed that
the Mexican restaurant across the highway was open (all the illegal alien
employees lived in the basement - no commuting problems for them). We chowed
and refueled with Refritos y Margarietas and staggered our way back to our
condo.

Not surprising that the N. Carolinians were totally unprepared for snow of
this magnitude.  They never did plow us out.  Their approach to snow removal
was biblical: "The good lord giveith, and the good lord taketh away" (via
melting).

Go Duke!
cheers
Jack McLain