Subject: [Leica] TriX at 800
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:36:08 -0800

I did some playing with Tri-X at 800 and 1600.

What I don't know is how my results should look.

Here's Wedgewood cup and saucer (Wildstrawberry) that was sitting on the island
while my wife's book discussion group was going on. Illuminted by multiple
halogen lights above the island.

<www.splitsecondfilms.com/test/TriX800-02-Davis-crp-spt.jpg>

Below is just a detail at full resolution of the above since I figure that's the
only way to judge. This is a big file: 350KB so be warned.

<www.splitsecondfilms.com/test/TriX800-02-Davis-crp-spt-100-detail.jpg>

I'd value knowing - am I getting what I should be from Tri-X at 800?

I then shot a roll at 1600 and these plastic dolphins were at hand, the cup
having been used (the nerve!):

<www.splitsecondfilms.com/test/TriX1600-10-Davis_1.jpg>

Here's a full-size detail:

<www.splitsecondfilms.com/test/TriX1600-10-Davis_1-detail.jpg>

these were all shot with an R8, 100mm APO.

I did the processing in XTOL 1:1 at 75F by hand, agitating for the first minutes
and then 10 secs out of ever following minute. 8 minutes for the 800 and 9
minutes for the 1600.

Thank you for any insights you can give!

Adam

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] TriX at 800)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] TriX at 800)