Subject: Re: [Leica] TriX at 800
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:21:38 -0800

Adam Bridge asked and showed results:
Subject: [Leica] TriX at 800

> I did some playing with Tri-X at 800 and 1600.
> What I don't know is how my results should look.<<<<<<

Hi Adam,
From what I can tell on the screen both ASA 800 and 1600 look very good.

When Sandy Carter and I shot our latest book "Women in Medicine. A
Celebration of their Work." We shot only Tri-x @ 800 and 16X20 fine art
prints look beautiful! So your results should produce fine looking prints
without question at either of these ASA ratings.

But I think your best test would be people stuff and other subject material
that fit in with your normal shooting, then you'll have a better feel for
results than tea leaves in a tea cup. ;-)  Or glass dolphins. ;-)
ted