Subject: Re: [Leica] DR Summicron MTF (was: For your information)
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:50:10 -0800

Seth Rosner wrote:

"Who has time for this stuff anyway?"

Hi Seth:

So true.

As you know, I have the 50 DR and this is very interesting stuff for me.
But it made me think of what Ted has written when others have been engaged
in long discussions about which lens is best or better than another, what
camera meter sensitivity is better, etc.  He advises we just get out and use
our cameras and lenses - that way we may learn how to take a decent picture.
And isn't that what it's all about?

I think Albert Einstein had it right, too.  He said something like this:

We learn from experience.  All else is knowledge.

Best,

The other Ted in Olalla