Subject: Re: [Leica] FOCUS GROUPS for LEICA/ HERMES
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:10:48 -0700

>Oh please..... "Oriental" hardly equates with the other nasty slurs you
>referenced, and inferring (if thats what you did), that I would use or
>condone those universally loathed terms based on my response is way over the
>top.  "Oriental" may not be as modern or accurate as "Asian", but it is
>hardly inherently a slur or derogatory.  We have at worst a generation gap
>here. There was nothing in the context of the earlier post to assume
>otherwise.

Let me jump in here, NOT specific to the person who wrote above: while I do
not think Oriental is as offensive as Chinks, Japs, etc. Shouldn't WE
Asians make the damned decision whether it is offensive or not, and not
some white rich middle age guys.? :-)

You know the worst thing about racist words? No, you wouldn't know until
someone uses it on you.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>