Subject: [Leica] Ma (somewhat OT)
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:07:02 -0700

Sorry to deviate from cheap wines, battery-less Polaroids etc.

The word "Ma" in Chinese, depending on its intonation, means  "mother",
"horse", "scolding", and a fourth definition which escapes at the moment. I
would like to ask some of our Chinese friends the complete translation for
the word "Ma" and a description for all its intonations. And, if I may be so
greedy, for the Chinese characters for each definition.

Many she-she in advance.
Joseph Codispoti

Message from Karen Nakamura <> (Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout)
Message from Daniel Ridings <> (Re: [Leica] OT: Washing WAS: North American Blackout)
Message from Christer Almqvist <> (Re: [Leica] OT: Washing)
Message from "giancarlo" <> (Re: [Leica] OT: Washing)