Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Washing WAS: North American Blackout
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:36:19 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Karen Nakamura wrote:

> The biggest water usage is the rinse, but even that you can do in
> about 2 liters if you're careful.

Agreed. I have been doing it this way and if you follow the Ilford method
(fill tank, 5 inversions, fill tank, 10 inversions, fill tank 20
inversions) there isn't a trace of fixer left. I usually double the first
and last steps for good measure. The first, in order to rinse out the
fixer, the last, because I still have water left over.

A chemist (I think he was) tested Ilford's recommendation and his report
is that it actually works. This is assuming your are using a fixer without
hardener in it.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: Washing)
Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: North American Blackout)