Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:18:13 -0700

Karen Nakamura wrote:
I worked at Canon (well, interned) and while it's true that Canon has

> many branches, the camera-optical division is the golden child.
> Everyone aspired to work in that division and it's the one that
> people are most proud to be in. So don't disparage Canon's commitment
> to cameras just because it's a large conglomerate.

Hi Karen!

     I'm sure Canon has great pride in their camera&opitcs segment.
Don't forget that Canon originally started with Leica clones and
made 'improvements'.  Of course, other companies copied the
Leica as well.  I was reading some of the history on the Canon
museum webpage.

      It's interesting that you interned there.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net