Subject: RE: [Leica] MP's tp plate
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:04:41 -0500

>Another example of cost over customer satisfaction.  How much more could it
>possibly cost to engrave vs silk screen?  A few bucks on a $2500 camera?
>Idiots.  At least the Japanese understand their market and demand that Leica
>service it.

Jeez! You're all knuckleheads!  Leica USA silkscreens the logos so
that they wear better! After just a few days in a pro-bag, the
inscription will be nice and faded, just like a "real pro."

The Japanese collectors I know are all *screaming* for painted logos
rather than engravings just for this reason! It's like pre-worn jeans
with holes in them!

Never question the wisdom of Papa Leica!

Karen Nakamura
www.photoethnography.com