Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ideal bag for M6 & 35mm ASPH
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:54:12 -0400

i just came back from the NYLUG leica meeting in NYC.  some young
man was impressed by the valume of gear i was able to carry in my bag,
which is a lowepro omni traveler--not one of the cool domkes or billinghams
but a compact and practical bag nonetheless.

mine is the larger of the 3 sizes.  it opens up on the side and also at
the top to remove the camera.  inside, i have 2 bodies, one with
a noctilux mounted and one with a collapsible 50 summicron.  then
i have the 75 lux, 90 AA cron, 28 and 21 elmarits (with 21 viewfinder),
and 35 lux.  there's room for the leica mini tripod, 5-6 various filters,
small flash, AAs, spare batteries, cable release, mechanical self-timer,
cleaning kit, lens caps, 4-5 rolls of film  and other minor accoutrements.

for a smaller kit, the small version of the lowerpro also has a built-in
belt system which allows it to become a bum-pack.

- -rei

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 11:47:56AM -0700, Martin Howard wrote:
> Kit McChesney wrote:
>
> >I've watched the bag discussion with great interest of late, and have
> >seen a
> >few favored brands rise to the top. Domke, Hadley
>
> Hadley is the name of a bag model.  Billingham is the company.  See:
>
> 	http://www.billingham.co.uk/
>
> M.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com