Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] 560 telyt day
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:10:44 -0400

i'm sure you know all this, but it's a litle focusing tube which
at the front takes the 200/f4 head or with adapters the 280/f4.8 head and
i beleive the 200/f4.5.  focusing is through a lever on the right side, pull
back with the thumb to close focus, push forward for far.  rotating about the
lever is a fine-focus knurled wheel.  i took the first-generation shoulder
support for the 6.8 set (i got two of with my ebay purchase of the 400/560
set), used a nail set to knock off the alignment pins and it
mounts very nicely at the bottom of the focorapid.  the base
of the focorabid has a convex palm rest.  it's a clever setup and is
much nicer than the helicals in the 280 or 200.  in some ways it fills the
same purpose as the televit with the 280 and 400/f5 adapters.  leica
difinitely has some clever focusing methods on their long lenses.

- -rei