Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ideal bag for M6 & 35mm ASPH
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:57:57 -0400

> Hello All--
>
> I've watched the bag discussion with great interest of late, and have seen a
> few favored brands rise to the top. Domke, Hadley, a few for Crumpler and
> Lowe, and Seth's Classic M series, and Jerry's Genuine Used and Stonewashed
> Diaper Bags seem to be among the favorites. My question is, where does
> Tamrac fit in all of this? Do folks use Tamrac? Do you like them? Any
> opinions? (Yes, I am doing some informal marketing research, if you must
> know!)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kit

Hi Kit,

I do not care for the Tamrac, although I use a large one for camera storage,
they are just too boxy. My most used Leica bag is the Classic M
http://www.classicm.com it is canvas (which means it is not slippery like
many other bags), it is flat and hugs the body. My normal everyday kit these
days are two Ms with lenses/hood fitted and a Rollie TLR which comfortably
fit in. The bag that I have been trying to like is the Domke 803, I
periodically use it but just can't stay away from the Classic M. Next up is
the Domke F6 (little bit smaller) which I use when I want to add an SLR to
my kit. When on magazine assignment the Domke F2 wins hands down with two
SLRs, 4 or 5 lenses plus two Ms with lenses..

sl

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Ideal bag for M6 & 35mm ASPH)