Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M motor drive/winder/RabidWinder
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:17:26 -0500

Very nice, thank you...but it's hard to actually know what the impact of
such issues is until you experience it first hand.  Two notes that I didn't
see mentioned:

1) you can see the shutter release bounce by simply shooting and keeping
pressure on the shutter button and manually winding.

2) The bounce can be entirely avoided, at least on my camera, with a firm
decisive (but smooth) push down on the shutter release, and holding it fully
down...the motor doesn't wind until I release the pressure from the shutter
button.  This, for me, is great news...as I was initially discouraged, as
when shooting I like to press the shutter smoothly down and hold it
depressed after the shot momentarily (like not bringing your club
immediately back when doing a gold swing ;-), thus not jerking the camera
with an immediate release.  Whether this holding the button down and pausing
actually does any good for the pictures, I don't care, because it does me
some good.

I am thinking of asking DAG to modify my camera to allow this to work
better, such that the winding won't happen until the shutter button is
released further up...thus eliminating possibility of not having
pressed/held the shutter release firmly enough.  Whether this is possible or
not, I do not know.

Regards,

Austin