Subject: RE: [Leica] Got my SF-20 flash...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:49:41 -0500

B.D.,

> Austin - When you say "maul the top plate," are you referring to the
> possibility of it's marking the interior of the shoe

Of course not.  I could care less about what it does to the shoe...

, or the area beyond
> the shoe.

The actual black top plate on the TTL (as the shoe on the non-TTL is black
as well).

> I just looked at my .58 TTL - which gets the most frequent
> SF20 use, and there is not a single mark within striking range of where
> the flash would come in contact with the camera - and as you know, I am
> not at all careful with my equipment when it comes to worrying about
> minor wear marks, etc.

If Leica raised the shoe up a bit, this problem wouldn't exist...perhaps
your shoe isn't flush with the top plate?  Mine is.

Austin