Subject: [Leica] About businesses
From: Herb Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:46:45 -0800

Perhaps I reported this a long time ago, but if so, it's worth repeating.

When I decided to make the plunge into Leica, not easy on a retired
budget, I phoned B & H and they had an M6 classic and an M6 TTL for
$100 more.  I decided on the TTL. Then I asked about a 35 mm lens.
The salesman said that he had one, but that it was pretty worn and I
had just bought a very nice camera.  He said he didn't want to sell
me such a beat up lens.

I couldn't believe it.  A salesman turning down a sale!  For the next
few weeks, I phoned B&H, but nothing had come in, and I finally
bought one from KEH.

I was also impressed with KEH.  I ordered both the lens and a lens
hood.  The hood got temporarily lost in the packing, and I thought
they had omitted it.  I phoned, and they said they would send me
another.  A few minutes later, I found the hood, called them back to
tell them to forget it.  That was also amazing--their willingness to
take my word for it that a fifty buck item had been overlooked.

Herb